Guide On Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. You should always look for a style that will fit you. Look for a worktop that will fit your kitchen and your own taste. Oak is considered by many as a classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in a farm house style kitchen because of its notable pattern and it provides a warm feel to the place. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut and its rich chocolate tones will give light things the perfect contrast. You can use maple in a kitchen where the problem is light. Maple has a lovely grain structure at the same time being creamy and pale. Every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the maple since it has a very smooth finish.
2. Always invest in a good quality worktops. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those cheap worktops may be interesting but might be of low quality. A wooden worktop of good quality will probably last for a very long time if it is taken cared properly, and it might even add more value to your property if you would decide to sell it.
3. Preparation is crucial. A wooden worktop needs to have a sealing before a person can use it. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The treatment process on the wooden worktops will create a barrier that is water resistant on them. You should consider this process as one that would be very important on your wooden worktops and you should always have the time to properly do this. The wooden worktops will not last long enough if poor treatment procedure was done.
4. Always choose a wooden worktop with the perfect fitting. You should always make sure that the plastering on these wooden worktops are perfectly done and is very dry, the sides of the wooden worktops should also have the right amount of oil before they are being fitted. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. You should consider re-oiling the wooden worktops once every six months.